Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Gardens

I have been wanting to plant some flowers out front in our flower beds for some time now. But surprise time got away from me, a newborn does that to you. I decided that on Earth Day we'd get started, but then Arya got sick, so we put it off till the weekend. We decided to not only plant the flowers out front, but to plant a small garden out back. We are going to attempt (I don't claim to have any gardening ability) to grow cantaloupe, corn, peppers and pumpkins. I will be so happy if anything actually grows.Arya helped Mike rake away the rocks. She helped me plant all the seeds and plant some flower pots too. She also watered the seeds with her new watering can. She can't wait to see some plants growing, she asked the next morning if her plants were growing yet. It is very hard to wait, she checks on them everyday.
We even found a garden friend, a big garden snail.

No comments: